On July 22nd my Debian account jandd has been created after 308 days in the NM process.
Thanks a lot to all who have contributed to this achievement and to who I had the privilege to work with.
I especially want to give thank
- the Debian Python modules team and the Java packaging team for the help with my Debian related work so far
- Stefano Zacchiroli for the inspiration for my Debian Developer Portfolio Service and Paul Wise for creating the related debian.net subdomain
- Martin Pitt, Piotr Ożarowski, Sandro Tosi, Torsten Werner and Mike O' Connor for sponsoring the uploads of the packages I worked on
- Piotr for advocating my NM application
- Wouter Verhelst for the first nice frontdesk contact
- Enrico Zini for being my helpful and quickly responding application manager
- Bernd Zeimetz for checking the completeness of my application
- Christoph Berg for confirming my application as DAM
- Martin Zobel-Helas for creating my account
I also want to thank all the other people of the Debian Community who I could work with until now. The application went smoothly and only was deferred by the usual waiting times.
Here is a short time line (see also my NM page):
- 2008-09-17 sent application
- 2008-09-23 (+6 days) advocated by Piotr
- 2008-09-25 (+8 days) previous Debian contributions checked by Wouter
- 2009-02-20 (+156 days) Enrico was assigned as my application manager and checked my identity
- 2009-02-24 (+160 days) passed philosophy and procedures check
- 2009-03-07 (+174 days) passed tasks and skills check
- 2009-04-02 (+197 days) frontdesk approval by Bernd
- 2009-07-06 (+292 days) DAM approval by Christoph
- 2009-07-22 (+308 days) account creation by Martin
So now I'm a Debian Developer and I'm looking forward to work with the Debian developer community to create the best operating system for our users.